Best presentation Awards SLE 2014
Best poster presentation
- First prize. Jan Chromý (Charles University in Prague). The influence of intralinguistic factors on the usage of prothetic /v/ in the Prague vernacular.
- Second prize. Aoife Finn (Trinity College Dublin). Māori Reflexivization – Possessive-reflexives and Intra-sentential Pronominalization.
- Third prize. Dorota Jaworska (Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań ). “You won't get it unless you're bilingual, kid!” - On irony comprehension in Polish mono- and Polish-English bilingual children.
Best paper presentation by a Phd student
- First prize. Eva Zehentner (University of Vienna). Of harming, helping and handing: The case of Middle English ditransitives.
- Second prize. Benjamin Saade (University of Bremen). Full and reduced pronouns in Maltese
- Third prize. Marta Marecka & Dorota Janiszewska (Faculty of English, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań). Attitudes, Perceptions, phonetic distances.
Best paper presentation by a postdoctoral researcher
- First prize. Malte Rosemeyer (University of Freiburg). The development of iterative verbal periphrases in Romance.
- Second prize. Jenneke van der Wal (University of Cambridge, UK). Topic and focus in Bantu comparative syntax.
- Third prize. Lena Baunaz (University of Ghent). Declarative complementizers under the microscope.